Visible Analyst Professional Edition
Visible's flagship modeling product, continues to provide capabilities that make it the industry leader in the database design and data modeling market. In addition to automating all of the traditional structured methods, the Professional edition also features advanced database engineering, transition to object oriented design, repository extensibility, distributed repository capabilities, and model permission controls. This new edition is suitable for large projects with multiple groups of users. The Professional edition is suitable for Computer Analysts, Programmer Analysts, Project Leaders and Managers, and Designers.
Key Features of Visible Analyst Professional
- Custom Symbol Templates allows you to define new sets of symbols that can appear on a new diagram type by supplying an image file and repository properties for each symbol. Create your own Network, Infrastructure or custom diagram that can be integrated with the current diagrams and repository entries.
- Multi-user concurrent access enables team collaboration.
- Additional UML 2.0 support for Component and Deployment diagrams.
- Business Process Modeling Notation using the BPMN notation developed by the Business Process Management Initiative (www.bpmi.org) and the Object Management Group (OMG www.omg.org) is specifically suited for modeling the business processes. These diagram models communicate the business processes including the events (triggers) that begin, end or interrupt the processes, and the information (artifacts) used and developed by the processes. The BPMN notation supports Private (internal), Abstract (public) and Collaboration (global processes).
- IntelliViews™ - Visible's exclusive technology develops view specifications as you are data modeling - tracking name changes to every location and formula in which they are used, eliminating errors.
- XML Schema Generation has been added allowing the users to generate XML Schema based on the W3C standard for the entities and (optionally) classes developed in their project. Simply use the classes on an entity relationship diagram and the classes will be included in the XML Schema generation.
- ERwin file import / export capabilities. The import has been updated to include v7.x ERWin XML model import.
- Smart Reverse Engineering - Reverse engineering analyzes legacy databases to find relationships not expressly defined to the database. Allows the tool to "infer" relationships where none is defined.
- Database Compare Now you can compare your data model against a database schema and visually inspect the differences.
- Links to Source Code Under Version Control Because the software development process does not end when your models have been completed, it is important to be able to link your models elements to the source code that actually implements them. Now you can link any model element to a file under source code control by a Microsoft SCC-compliant provider, such as Razor.
- Enhanced Reporting Options The Visible Analyst repository has been extended to allow users to create custom reports through the use of third party tools such as Crystal Reports or any SQL Query application. Any Visible Analyst project hosted on an ODBC compliant database such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc. can access these additional tables and views to report on the repository and diagram data.
- Transition from Relational to Object Oriented methods.
- Supports on-the-fly denormalization of data models for better performing physical database designs (while preserving your logical business data model).
- Object Browser - Allows easy navigation and manipulation of all entities, attributes and relationships in the repository.
- Forward and reverse engineering through ODBC, direct connection or SQL DDL for virtually all databases.
- Generates AS/400 DDS.
- Methodology and rules checking support for SSADM, Metrica, Gane/Sarson, and Yourdon/Demarco.
- Web publish models (reports and diagrams) for sharing across the Internet with standard HTML and JPEG formats.
- Includes interfaces to Visible Developer allowing users to generate 90+% of the business and database access logic for typical business applications. Import data models from existing databases or Visible Analyst into Visible Developer , then define your business objects using powerful and intuitive modeling features.