What is Razor Cloud?Razor Cloud© is an Affordable, Configurable, and Easy to Use software configuration management solution hosted on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server.
Easy to use & FlexibleRazor Cloud is designed to use with your existing Razor remote client software for existing or new projects. Razor Cloud allows you to quickly and securely host your software development on any Linux or Solaris platform via our Razor Client. With Razor Cloud, you receive a virtual environment that lets you load the Razor software.
Razor Cloud is available in Two FlavorsNow that we are using the Amazon Marketplace, there are two flavors of Razor Cloud
Flavor 1 – Visible® Systems sets up, provides and pays for the Amazon Instance which contains the Razor server. You simply pay a fee for the use of the Razor server and run the Razor clients on your own workstations.
Flavor 2 – You launch and pay for your own Amazon Instance which is based on the Razor Amazon Machine Instance (AMI). You will need to set up the server and whichever clients you prefer to run (Windows, Linux, Solaris) - see the setup instructions on the left side bar. Upon purchasing a Razor license from Visible® Systems you will be ready to manage your own Amazon Instance and clients. The Razor AMI server runs the latest release of Ubuntu with the latest release of Razor.
Email us now at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your demo and trial. Better still, take just 5 minutes now to sneak a preview of how it works by viewing the video above. You will be surprised to see how easy it is to use Razor in the cloud!
Cost-Effective & Reliable
By using the Razor Cloud you cut down on costs by reducing the need to invest in and maintain hardware and server infrastructures. Cloud storage eliminates the stress of agonizing, assembling and powering servers. This results in a dramatic increase in velocity for the organization, since the cost and time it takes to experiment and develop is significantly lower. With the Razor Cloud you pay only for the compute power, storage, and other resources you use, with no up-front commitments.
You can access as much or as little as you need, and scale up and down as required. In a cloud computing environment, new IT resources are only ever a click away, which means you reduce the time it takes to make those resources available to your developers from weeks to just minutes.
The Razor Cloud utilizes an end-to-end approach to secure and harden our infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures. For more information, see the Amazon Web Services Security Center. Companies such as the NSA and CIA are currently utilizing and recommending the AWS Cloud services that Razor is now running on.
The Business Benefits:
- Increases productivity
- Improved product quality
- Enhances teamwork
- Saves $$ and time
- An effective management tool through its ability to manage changes throughout the software lifecycle
- Gives you the power to drive and track your software development process. An integrated solution.
- Delivers problem and issue tracking, version control, and release management for customized software configuration management processes.
- Helps companies achieve within a year not only software project excellence by also CMM levels of software quality.
- Configurable to your specific development process.
- Easily scalable across the full life cycle of a project.
- Optimized for Software Development, but is also well suited to be used in ISO 9000, CMMI, ISO 15504, and ITILefforts, e-business, and web page projects as well as for Problem Tracking (issues, tasks, activities, ...) in general.
- Can be implemented rapidly.
- EXTREMELY easy to learn and use.
- Simplifies generation of release notes and development/support metrics.
- Can migrate existing SCCS/RCS/CVS efforts and investments directly into Razor©.
- Integrated with many SCC compliant tools such as Microsoft Visual C++, Visual Cafe, Rhapsody.
- Security access control.
Whether it's 1,000 or 100,000 issues...Razor© can do the job!